воскресенье, 14 декабря 2008 г.

The sea

How wonderful it is to live at the sea. It gives energy and you have an opportunity to bathe several times a day during the whole summer. Unfortunately, I am not so lucky and have an opportunity to enjoy the sea only once a year, when I am on leave. Besides, I don’t have such a wonderful opportunity each year, as I am either tight for money or have a lot of work to at home. When I stay at home for the whole summer, I have more chances to catch a cold in winter. My health and immunity are strong only when I spend at least two weeks at the sea-side. The sea is the best opportunity to improve one’s health and to keep fit. Swimming and bathing affect positively all organs and the whole body in general. No gym can give you such a perfect opportunity to train all groups of your muscles during rather a short period of time. Of course, swimming can be practiced in a swimming-pool, but I think that you understand that comparing a swimming-pool with the sea is like comparing a lamp and the sun. Swimming-pools are artificial, the water there contains no healthy chemicals and doesn’t invigorate you. Swimming in the sea is much more pleasant and you can spend more time in the sea than in a swimming pool, because in a swimming-pool you get tired of your exercises quicker than in the sea. That is why never neglect an opportunity to go to the sea if you have enough money and free time. It will give energy for a year ahead and improve your health and will make you happy.